Just gave my Computational Mathematics paper couple of days back. Still in the mood for some game theory. So why not the game theory of semester exams !!
The students (we) have developed some great strategies and practices after a lot of research (which I assume if was spent studying would helped a lot).Some of the things that I have experienced, I would like to share with all.
1. The plan always is to reduce the time spent on Facebook, movies and etc and give more time to the notes. But as technology is developing notes are all soft copy now. So as we sit to study, we start the laptop, and first head to Facebook, then to a episode of our favorite series and then to study for a few moments then head back to fb.
2. The most noticeable thing that happens during exam time, the student who never used to get up before 10 in the morning would be the first one to wake up in the morning as seen in the corridor reciting the notes as if it were some kind of mantra.
3. There is a pin drop silence in the hostel at one point of time, then out of nowhere the whole hall comes out shouting that "kal paper cancelled" or exams are postponed. Everyone shouts and celebrates and then we come to know it was a prank by a few boys. So we sit study again :(
4. One most common sight is full on time wasting which we call "bakchhodi" (sorry for using this term). Most of the time wasting is done during the exam time.
5. The strategy of giving exam is we say "hey god let this paper go by nicely will study hard for the next one and then before the nxt paper we just Ctrl +V this whole statement :P"
sounds better in hindi
"Bhagvan, iss bar bachalo agli bar se zaroor padne baithunga, agli semester ke starting se paddna start karunga"
But all these are in an infinite loop which we always forget to mention when we make the deal.
6. Visiting bhagvan ji's ghar is a must before the exams. You don't need to go there everyday but ya before the exams its a must.
7. Then as always you remember GOD and promise you'll leave all your bad habits ( smoking, NSP, and etc) if the exams go well, but then again as soon as soon as the exam finishes you'll be seen with a ciggi in your hand.
like the most famous of them being
"Bhagvan main XYZ (don't want any controversy so no names) ko apni behen ke nazar se dekhunga bass mera maths paper bacha lena"
8. Oh almost forgot, the essence of giving exams, cheating , this technique is mastered after a lot of practice. Many strategies are drawn up before the exams. Most of these depend on the searing arrangement. This strategy has to be very carefully implemented , many lives are dependent on this. Many of us write a lot many things on the desk, many carry chit papers, and the most common is to ask around for the answer.
This article was also an example of point no. 4. All the bakchhodi is done during exam time only. Please do mention any of your strategy or practice that I might have forgotten about.
Would love to improve upon this so your feedback is most appreciated :P
I hope this does not offend anyone here all was in good spirit.
And thanks for bearing with my poor language skills.
Click on the above link to connect with me.....